Industry: Warehouse General
Job Number: 49087
HireLevel is recruiting for a Terminal Assistant in Geneva, IL!
Job Category: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire
Location: Geneva, IL
Similar Positions: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Compensation of Terminal Assistant: $20.00
Responsibilities of Terminal Assistant:
- Load planning for production and shipping departments
- Support customer order routing as orders are received from customers
- Shipment creation in ERP system and load tendering to TMS provider
- Plan Yard driver hours, provider yard reporting to see productivity and opportunities for improvements
- Set appointments via email or online in customer portal, communicate issues with customers
- Work with all carriers picking up and delivering into plants
- File assemblies, print, sort, scan all paperwork for inbound and outbound shipments
- Meet weekly with transportation team to review goals and initiatives and work on action items applicable at the plant
Requirements of Terminal Assistant:
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer candidates with Associate or Bachelors degree in Business, Transportation or Logistics.
- Two years experience in office administration required; prior experience in the transportation or similar industry preferred.
- Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite along with the ability to become an expert in multiple systems.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and take direction from multiple operational leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven ability to independently process, analyze and report data.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.