HireLevel is looking for an Underwriter in Miami, FL!
The Underwriter will underwrite applications with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
Job Title: Underwriter I
Job Category: Contract
Contract Location: Miami, FL
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Payrate: $18-22 per hour based on experience
Responsibilities for Underwriter:
- Applies underwriting and risk selection techniques to determine the acceptability of new and renewal insurance risks.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through the evaluation of information pertinent to the decision.
- Analyzes data to determine benefits and rates.
- Has contact with others to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding underwriting processes and decisions, interpretation of policy forms and coverage's, and premium levels.
- Uses clear guidelines, an underwriting manual, and established authority levels.
- Makes independent decision within guidelines and procedures.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Selects from a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Requirements for Underwriter:
- 2-3 years of related experience in the function or similar activity outside the company.
- Knowledgeable in all the duties of the Underwriter I position, or similar positions.
- Has gained knowledge & experience with computer system and company products & services.
- Prior insurance adjuster and/or auto experience is a plus.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.