Industry: Medical Assistant
Job Number: 47754
HireLevel is looking for a Veterinary Technicians for a client in Murphysboro!
Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization that allows for you to work independently while being part of a team? The ideal candidate will have experience with dogs and cats, who has the ability to work with little to no supervision
Job Category: Part-Time:
Hours: 7: 30a - 4: 30pm - days vary
What is unique about the client: humane shelter
Company Culture: caring
Similar Positions: Veterinarian, Veterinary Technicians
Compensation of Veterinary Technicians: $ 9.00 an hour (subject to an increase at 90 days)
Responsibilities of Veterinary Technicians:
- Collect pet s blood, urine and stool samples for testing in the laboratory
- Carryout out laboratory tests like urinalysis, feline leukemia, blood counts etc.
- Collect and develop x-rays of pets
- Keep records of client information and billing, and record pet s health condition such as temperature, body weight etc.
- Sterilize all instruments and equipments for surgery to prevent contamination of bacterial infection
- Prepare animals for surgery and administer anesthesia to them
- Assist in restraining animals during checkup, testing and treatments
- Ensure that pets are kept clean at all times by bathing them, checking their teeth, trimming their nails, removing sutures etc.
- Administer treatment to pets, label drugs to be taken by pets at home and instruct pet owners on how to administer the drugs
Job Requirements of Veterinary Technicians:
- Have a certified degree in animal care
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be compassionate about animals
- Good communication skills
- Good temperament
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.