HireLevel is seeking a Vice President of Finance for a credit union in Edwardsville, Illinois. The VP of Finance will be responsible for planning, controlling, and directing the credit union's finance activities. They will provide counsel and advice to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) regarding the credit union's liquidity management, investment portfolio, Asset/Liability Management (ALM) and profitability reporting. This person will also be responsible for ensuring the credit union adheres to the policies and procedures to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulations concerning accounting for credit union finance operations. If you have experience in financial operations, enjoy engaging and leading others, and take pride and ownership in all that you do, then you should apply!
Founded in May of 1943 by a group of visionaries from a local military base, our client is a full-service financial institution providing financial services for individuals and businesses, including free checking accounts with interest, ATMs, credit and debit cards, new and used vehicle loans, mortgage loans and much more. They were voted ‘Best In-State Credit Union’ in 2022 by Forbes and believe that putting their internal team first is essential to success!
- Pay: $138,000-$150,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Financial Planning
- Tuition Assistance
- College Savings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the CFO to oversee and direct treasury and finance activities for the organization. Responsible for the preparation of the annual liquidity plan.
- Oversees and directs the Asset Liability Management (ALM) for SCU. Developing policies, parameters, strategies, reporting, and analysis for the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO), and Board of Directors when necessary.
- Performs quarterly ALM reporting and back-testing. Coordinates semi-annual ALM model validation with third-party firm. Presents reporting and validation results to the ALCO.
- Responsible for the monthly calculation of the Allowance for Credit Losses. Maintains and runs the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) model. Produces monthly reports and maintains supporting documentation.
- Works with external auditors, federal and state credit union examiners to ensure the credit union is in compliance with prescribed accounting methods set forth in regulation, law, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Works closely with the Data Analytics group and Financial Analyst to develop Accounting and Finance reports in the Arkalytics platform.
- Responsible for the Balance Sheet portion of the credit union’s annual financial plan.
- Oversees periodic financial and liquidity forecasting. Reports the results of these forecasts to the CFO and Finance Committee.
- Responsible for cost accounting practices as well as cost-center/service delivery unit costing analysis.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all finance procedures together with other statistical data, financial analysis, pricing, profitability, and routine reports.
- Prepares, submits, and implements the Finance Department's portion of credit union’s Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Experience managing a credit union or finance operation
- Minimum five years’ experience at a management level in a credit union, bank or financial institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.