HireLevel is looking for an Production Worker in St. Louis, MO!
This individual will be directed by the Team Leader to perform introductory tasks critical to producing meat based products. This individual is responsible for aiding the grinding, stuffing, and curing process, adhering to established specifications to ensure that raw meat product is ready for the packaging operations on a daily basis.
Job Type: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire
Location: St. Louis, MO
Shift: Monday - Friday | 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Similar Positions: Food Manufacturing, Assembly Line Worker
Responsibilities of Production Worker
- Assist in the transfer of rail trucks from room to room
- Help move meat lugs to be transferred to other facilities
- Prepare and retrieve raw materials for stuffing
- Weigh and plate fresh meat into baskets for grinding
- Once product is stuffed, hang the product properly onto the trucks (i.e. proper spacing)
- Remove all trash from area and place in trash compactor
- Follow all safety practices, good manufacturing practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
- Adhere to policies and standard for conduct
- Notify Team Leader or Management of any problems or quality concerns
- Complete other duties as assigned
Requirements of Production Worker:
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent GED
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to do basic data entry and basic arithmetic
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be willing to assist in other departments as needed
- The individual must be able to withstand working with fresh meat
- Prior experience in the food manufacturing industry considered a plus
Physical Demands of a Production Worker:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must have the ability to make coordinated movement of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble large and small objects
- Must be able to stand for entire shifts with periodic, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting up to 40 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- Must be able to safely walk and work around machinery and knives
- Must be able to wear a hairnet, latex gloves, hearing protection, as well as any other PPE
- Must be able to work in wet environments with fresh pork
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.