Industry: Warehouse Manager
Job Number: 47436
HireLevel is looking for a Warehouse Manager in Garland, TX!
The Warehouse Manager will plan, organize, and monitor all the receiving, storage, and distribution of all items received either from supplier or other distribution centers ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed properly in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
Accountabilities of the Warehouse Manager:
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish warehouse functions in an effective and efficient manner. Interview and recommend applicants for hire.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse employees; ensures their ability to safely operate warehouse equipment to move materials to and from; counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Develops group leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned employees.
- Ensures products are received and accurately reported. Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding packing slips and receiving reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from warehouse to accounting in a timely manner. Oversees the movement of products in the warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Ensures products are stored properly for efficiency and safety. Oversees cycle counting and yearly inventories.
- Ability to be a working manager when needed.
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and/or Requirements for the Warehouse Manager:
- Bachelor s degree in Business Management, Industrial Management or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control, or materials management.
- Strong knowledge of receiving, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Ability to develop personnel structures to support present and future operations.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Bowling knowledge a plus.