Industry: Warehouse Manager
Job Number: 49881
HireLevel is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor in Earth City, MO!
Job Category: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Location: Earth City, MO
Shift: Monday through Friday 1st shift
What is unique about the client: A leading US manufacturer of clinically advanced dental hygiene products locally headquartered in the St. Louis area.
Similar Positions: Machine Operator, Production Manager, Production Supervisor
Responsibilities for Warehouse Supervisor:
- Manages staff and participates in hiring, firing, training, planning and assigning daily work, giving regular and ongoing feedback to employees, conducting performance reviews, developing the team, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
- Supervises and assists daily warehouse and shipping areas including: filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.), ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting. Documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to the appropriate area or personnel, filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Maintains the personnel structure and staffing levels necessary for the business.
- Maintains a safe work environment through enforcement of established safety practices.
- Maintains necessary equipment structure and levels.
- Continuously improves warehouse operations through lean practices.
- Measures and reports the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate necessary support to other departments.
- Recommends improvements to quality of service, process efficiency, equipment performance, and employee performance.
- Recommends adjustments to the annual budget for the department, including forecasted personnel and equipment requirements.
- Actively participates in Lean Manufacturing Activities: 5S, Continuous Improvement and Kaizan projects.
Requirements for Warehouse Supervisor:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of relevant warehouse experience, including 1 or more years in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.), preferred.
- Safe operation of forklift and hand trucks equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals.
- Strong knowledge of distribution process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Comfortability in ERP systems.
- Must be able to meet client s background and drug testing requirements.
Compensation for Warehouse Supervisor: Based on Experience
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.Hirelevel.Com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.