HireLevel is looking for a Welder - Fabricator in Mt. Vernon, IL!
Our client specializes producing made to order steel parts for manufacturing facilities nationwide. The ideal candidate will have experience with clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding and/or bolting component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Mt. Vernon, IL
Shift: Monday - Friday | 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Similar Positions: Arc Welding, MIG Welding, Fabricator, Welder
Compensation: $15-20/hr, BOE
Responsibilities of Welder - Fabricator:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion material.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Fabrication work as needed.
- Accurately account for time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Minor maintenance of machines to include oiling, greasing, cleaning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Welder - Fabricator:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and assembly prints.
- Must meet drug screening and background requirements
- Must high school diploma or GED
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals
We are an equal opportunity employer.