HireLevel is looking for MIG Welders in Dupo, IL.
Since 1990, our client has strived to provide unparalleled quality and service to our clients, challenging career opportunities for our staff, and an environment of trust and mutual respect with our vendors. They specialize in furnishing "Job-Ready" steel pipe to exact specifications saving their clients time and money.
Job Category: MIG Welder
Location: Dupo, IL
Shift: Monday-Friday | 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Compensation of a MIG Welder: $18 - $21/hr.
Responsibilities for MIG Welder:
- Responsible for fitting and welding of steel, aluminum and stainless steel parts using a MIG process.
- Able to read blueprints and/or drawings. Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Precision welding- fine eye for detail & smooth lines.
- Production and operation of fabrication equipment.
- Operate safety equipment.
- Welds components to flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metals, etc.
- Weld repairs/maintenance.
- Will lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly using straight edges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to welding trade such as shielded metal arc and gas metal are welding equipment.
- Determine weld wire alloy designation and sizes.
Requirements of a MIG Welder:
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Welding certificate required
- Basic math skills
- Must meet requirements of background and drug screening policies
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MIG Welding
- Steel toed boots
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.