HireLevel is looking for a MIG Welder in Dupo, IL.
Job Category: Experienced MIG Welder
Location: Dupo, IL
Shift: Monday-Friday | 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Compensation of a MIG Welder: $16-18 an hour, DOE
Responsibilities for MIG Welder:
- Responsible for fitting and welding of steel, aluminum and stainless steel parts using a MIG process.
- Able to read blueprints and/or drawings. Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Precision welding- fine eye for detail & smooth lines.
- Production and operation of fabrication equipment.
- Operate safety equipment.
- Welds components to flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metals, etc.
- Weld repairs/maintenance.
- Will lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly using straight edges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to welding trade such as shielded metal arc and gas metal are welding equipment.
- Determine weld wire alloy designation and sizes.
Requirements of a MIG Welder:
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Welding certificate required
- Basic math skills
- Must meet requirements of background and drug screening policies
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MIG Welding
- Steel toed boots
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.