Industry: Production Worker
Job Number: 44405
HireLevel is seeking a Welder/Fabricator for a client in Mt. Vernon, IL! Are you looking for a career with a great company?
Responsible for clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding and/or bolting component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
Compensation: $15-20 an hour based on experience
Shift: 2nd shift
Similar Positions: Arc Welding, MIG Welding, Fabricator, Welder
Location: Mt Vernon, IL
Responsibilities for Welder/Fabricator:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion material.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Fabrication work as needed.
- Accurately account for time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Minor maintenance of machines to include oiling, greasing, cleaning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Welder/Fabricator:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and assembly prints.
- Must meet drug screening and background requirements
- Must high school diploma or GED
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.