HireLevel is seeking a Welder/Fabricator for a client in Mt. Vernon, IL! Are you looking for a career with a great company? Responsible for clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding and/or bolting component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
Compensation: $15-20 an hour based on experience
Shift: 2nd shift
Similar Positions: Arc Welding, MIG Welding, Fabricator, Welder
Location: Mt Vernon, IL
Responsibilities for Welder/Fabricator:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion material.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Fabrication work as needed.
- Accurately account for time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Minor maintenance of machines to include oiling, greasing, cleaning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.